Hallo und Herzliche Wilkommen - Hello and welcome!

I am currently studying intermediate level German in Munich. I completed my B2.2 German at Volkshochschule München, B2.1 from LMU and B1 from Goethe Institute. I started writing this blog (since level A2.1) in order to share what I learn during the lectures. I envisaged it to be a personal note to myself more than anything else. Nevertheless, if anything written here proves to be useful to you, please do leave a comment. I will continue to upload content as I learn new things, hence it is better to read older posts before reading new ones.
Let's start learning!

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Stellen Sie sich vor — Introduce yourself

Whenever someone asks you how are you "Wie geht's Ihnen?" or "Wie geht's dir?" be ready with one of the following answers:

  • Es geht mir gut. (I'm fine)
  • Es geht. (I'm OK)
  • Ganz gut/Prima. (Very well)

Phrases

  • nicht jetzt, sondern später
  • Welche Sportarten treiben Sie?
  • Sie hat sich etwas interessiert
  • Sie erinnert sich

Aussprache - Pronunciation

Notice the difference between:

  • isst(eat) and ist(is)
  • kochen(to cook) and kuchen(cake)

Vocabulary

The following words might help you introduce yourself...

  • die Ausbildung: Training/education
  • die Tanzerin: Dancer
  • der Reiseleiter/in: the travel agent
  • der Großhandler: wholeseller
  • der Kleinhandler: retailer
  • das Hauptschulabschluß: SLC (school leaving certificate)
  • die Dienstreise: buisness trip
  • das Hobby: hobby
  • die Erfahrung: Experience (such as work experience). Phrase: die Erfahrung sammeln
  • das Erlebnis: The (adventurous) experience
  • die Kleidung: The dress. Phrase: eine farbige Kleidung
  • weil: because
  • wichtig: important
  • erwartet: expected
  • verliebt: enamored/in love

No comments:

Post a Comment