Hallo und Herzliche Wilkommen - Hello and welcome!

I am currently studying intermediate level German in Munich. I completed my B2.2 German at Volkshochschule München, B2.1 from LMU and B1 from Goethe Institute. I started writing this blog (since level A2.1) in order to share what I learn during the lectures. I envisaged it to be a personal note to myself more than anything else. Nevertheless, if anything written here proves to be useful to you, please do leave a comment. I will continue to upload content as I learn new things, hence it is better to read older posts before reading new ones.
Let's start learning!

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Ist Deutsch schwerig - Is German difficult?

Today we discussed why people learn Deutsch. Is German really difficult? We learnt some new and useful words. Nothing new in Grammar.

Phrases

  • Alles ist neu und anders in Europa (everything is new and different in Europe).
  • Sie haben andere Mentalität von uns (they have a different mentality than us).
  • Mein gefühl (gut feeling) sagt dass,...
  • Deutsch had viele Regeln, aber wenige Ausnahmen.

Revision

Just to repeat... whenever one uses 'because' (weil) in a sentence in German, the verb in the supporting sentence always goes to the end. Eg.

  • Ich gehe zu Goethe Institut, weil ich Deutsh lernen möchte.

Vocabulary

  • der Pösie: poem, poetry
  • die Belastung: load, strain
  • die Doppelbelastung: double load
  • die Ausstellung: exhibition
  • die Herausforderung: challenge
  • die Regel/Regeln: rule
  • die Ausnahme/n: exception
  • umziehen: to move, eg. to a different house. Past: umzogen
  • erfolgreich: successful
  • höflich: hopefully
  • begeistert: motivated
  • ändern: to change

No comments:

Post a Comment