Hallo und Herzliche Wilkommen - Hello and welcome!

I am currently studying intermediate level German in Munich. I completed my B2.2 German at Volkshochschule München, B2.1 from LMU and B1 from Goethe Institute. I started writing this blog (since level A2.1) in order to share what I learn during the lectures. I envisaged it to be a personal note to myself more than anything else. Nevertheless, if anything written here proves to be useful to you, please do leave a comment. I will continue to upload content as I learn new things, hence it is better to read older posts before reading new ones.
Let's start learning!

Monday 22 March 2010

Wem Gehört - Who Owns?

Grammar

Today, we discussed Dativ. It is the form when the noun is used as an indirect object. Here, I enlist various forms of mein. Ein, kein follow the same pattern.

MasculineFeminineNeuterPlural
meinemmeinermeinemmeinen + N
Also, if there is any adjective, the adjective will have N at the end, eg. meiner kleinen Schwester

Wem gehört:

Sie haben sich von Ihren Bekannten (acquaintances) und Verwandten (relatives) viele Sachen ausgeliehen(borrow). Jetzt wissen Sie nicht mehr so genau, wem was gehört. Sie mussen fragen, dass wem die Sachen gehört.

  • die Landkarte (map): Die gehört meiner Mutter.
  • die Handschuhe (gloves): Die gehört meiner Freundin.
  • der Radiergummi (eraser): Die gehört meiner kleinen Schwester.
  • die Taschenlampe (torch): Die gehört meinem Freund.
  • die Kamera (camera): Die gehört meiner großen Schwester.
  • die Wasswerfarben (water colors): Die gehört meinem Bruder.
  • der Kuli (pen): Den gehört meinem Lehrer.
  • das Radio: Das gehört meinem Onkel.
  • das Buch (book): Das gehört meiner Oma.
  • der Besen (broom): Den gehört meinen Nachbarn.
  • der Schraubenzieher (screwdriver): Den gehört meinem Vater
  • die Schallplatten (gramophone records): Die ghört meinen Eltern.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say THANK YOU for taking the time to post these lessons. I just moved to Germany from the US and I find the extra lessons so helpful. All the best to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Jennifer. Stay tuned as I will post new stuff when I start the new level (B1.1) in September. :)

    I send out (very very rarely) emails to all the followers of this blog when I start posting new lessons. If you think it will be helpful to you, please follow the blog with 'Google friend connect'.

    Good luck with learning Deutsch! :)

    ReplyDelete