Hallo und Herzliche Wilkommen - Hello and welcome!

I am currently studying intermediate level German in Munich. I completed my B2.2 German at Volkshochschule München, B2.1 from LMU and B1 from Goethe Institute. I started writing this blog (since level A2.1) in order to share what I learn during the lectures. I envisaged it to be a personal note to myself more than anything else. Nevertheless, if anything written here proves to be useful to you, please do leave a comment. I will continue to upload content as I learn new things, hence it is better to read older posts before reading new ones.
Let's start learning!

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Simple German Literature - Einfache Deutsche Literatur

Simple German Literature

I am always looking for simple books to read in German to make my German better. After all, reading books is how I improved my English. I am buying books from Amazon.de every now and then. I discovered a fantastic site today that helps discover old books ranging from fairy tales like Cinderella (Aschenputtel) to the world-famous "Faust" from Goethe. The nice thing is that you can just double-click on any word in the book that you don't understand and get the English translation. The site is called The Polyglot Project, and it has interesting material for other languages too.

Others

I am referencing an old blog article that I created sometime ago. It contains an online collection of some useful books that you can purchase to improve your German even further.

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment