Hallo und Herzliche Wilkommen - Hello and welcome!

I am currently studying intermediate level German in Munich. I completed my B2.2 German at Volkshochschule München, B2.1 from LMU and B1 from Goethe Institute. I started writing this blog (since level A2.1) in order to share what I learn during the lectures. I envisaged it to be a personal note to myself more than anything else. Nevertheless, if anything written here proves to be useful to you, please do leave a comment. I will continue to upload content as I learn new things, hence it is better to read older posts before reading new ones.
Let's start learning!

Tuesday 13 April 2010

A2.1 Nochmal - A2.1 Again

I came to know only after completion of the three months of the course that I had joined a rather slow-paced one. I would have to complete another two trimesters in order to complete A2.1. Hence, I decided to enroll again to A2.1 level, but this time to an intensive course. By the end of June, I will be ready to start A2.2.

Today was the first lesson. The course seems pretty interesting and our instructor is really nice and kind lady. I think the pace for this course is much better than the previous one. We started by introducing each other. The class was divided in groups of twos. We took turns to ask questions to our partners and note down what they said. Then the groups were shuffled until everyone got a chance to talk to everyone else.

Grammar and Pronunciation

There were a couple of words that were giving me much trouble with pronunciation. I've noted them down.

  • Note the difference in the sssss part of die Geschichte(history) and das Gesicht (the face)
  • Try to pronounce einbisschen. Note that there is ch after ss. Hence, the pronunciation is similar to das Mädchen

Vocabulary

  • eigenes passwort: some password
  • die Ausrede: excuse (Alle muss mit Hausaufgabe kommen, keine ausrede!)
  • der Dienst: Service
  • zusatzlich: additionally
  • die Ausrede: excuse
  • der Vergangenheit: the past
  • geschieden: separated (as from marriage)
  • verwitwet: widowed
  • zwar: indeed
  • ca. (circa): approximately

No comments:

Post a Comment